Re: Is there any encrypted or secure NFS?

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 08:50, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 08:30:48 -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > What would be the best route to establish an encrypted or secure nfs
> > session?
>
> There are several approaches:
> - Establish a VPN connection (e.g. FreeS/WAN IPSec, or tinc) between the
>   hosts and route your NFS traffic over it.
>   This is probably the most straightforward and mature option.

I would strongly encourage this method. Does it strike anyone else as
strange that every single application protocol has to (or just _is_)
writing their own security/encryption system?

Get it properly encrypted at a lower level with ipsec, and you can go
about your business (whee, telnet's back).
--
Mark Roach