Re: .bashrc .bash_profile - created from?

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 08:17:26 -0500, Russ Schneider wrote:
> What generates .bashrc and .bash_profile for each new user?

adduser(1) by copying from /etc/skel/ .

> Is it something I can alter so it writes them the way I want them?

Edit the skeleton files in /etc/skel/ . (They're marked as conffiles so the
package management system will not accidentally overwrite your changes).

HTH,
Ray
--
Give a man a fire, he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, he's warm for
the rest of his life.