Re: Warning ... EXT3 mounted as EXT2

On Friday 02 January 2004 17:00, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:

> This is possibly the lack of using the initrd. Or something else: are you
> sure your root is on /dev/hda65 ?

/proc/partitions confims 3,65:
   3     0    8257032 hda
   3     1    8225248 hda1
   3     2          1 hda2
   3    64   40146624 hdb
   3    65    6088635 hdb1
   3    66          1 hdb2
   3    67    1028160 hdb3
   3    69   16113163 hdb5
   3    70   16900348 hdb6

hda is a windows disk with one partitions, hdb has the linux, swap and two
windows partitions as well.

BTW proc/mounts lists mount as ext2:
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/dev/root / ext2 rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/hdb5 /mnt/hdb5 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0

mtab lists ext3 but this will echo whatever is in fstab, I think. This file
system serviced a hard reboot event without the usual fsck errors so what/
whom do I believe?