Re: mailman/exim problem

mike wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:27:49 -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote

Exim's conf file attached as well as /etc/aliases due to possible relevance

already checked man mailman

root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~# man mailman
No manual entry for mailman
root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~#

root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~# apt-cache search mailman docs
root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~# apt-cache search mailman doc
root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~# apt-cache search mailman man
lg-issue91 - Issue 91 of the Linux Gazette.
mailman - Powerful, web-based mailing list manager
gforge-lists-mailman - Collaborative development tool - mailing-lists (using Mailman) root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~#

No other documentation available (good gods that's horrible in and of itself)

Try below for more info:
www.list.org

I guess horribley inadequate documentation is better then none at all.

So here goes it.

I have mailman 90% working. Automated, mailman originated messages (such as subscribe request confirmations originating at the server (ala the invite tool)), admin and user interface works. I can send and recieve mail via local user accounts ('ve tested this thoroughly) . My exim.conf (attached) looks to be pretty tight, and aliases (attached) appears to be set up correctly.

I've always had problems when I didn't put
user = list in my exim.conf file.
This line is located near your system_aliases stanza.

hth,

Mike

I think that did the trick. I restarted both exim and mailman and I'm starting to get stuff from the test (soon to go live) list that I created.

--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College