Re: Installing debian on a SATA hard drive

Olivier Sirven wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to install a debian on a serial ATA hard drive bu the kernel
> version used with the woody installer is too old to see the sata disk. Any
> idea to help me installing a debian on this disk ?
> Olivier

Hi Olivier,

the kernel versions up to 2.4.x don't support SATA disks; you could attach a
normal ide disk and install on it, then later get a kernel 2.6, or wait for
alioth to be up again, and from there get a 2.6 installer.

The link is:

wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien