Re: ide-scsi cdrw mounts, cdrom works but no mount

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 20:07, John Felix wrote:
> Has anyone seen this problem before, any help ?
> on debian sarge 2.4

*snip*

> mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /cd0
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
> /dev/sr0, or too many mounted file systems
> and /var/log/messages gives as a response:
> I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 64
> isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=0b:00,
> iso_blknum=16, block=32

*snip*

Based on that error, and that writing works OK, I guess that your
configuration is fine, but the reading bit is broken. I had a similar
experience earlier this year with an Acer 16x16x12 CD-ReWriter. Reading
worked perfectly, but any writing activity would spit out IO errors all
over the place.

I think - take with a large grain of salt - that the CD drive has
separate lasers for reading and writing, and the read laser maybe
stuffed. IANAHWE (I am not hardware engineer).

Regards
Edward