NIS - 'ypbind' not starting on clients at startup

Hi, I have strange new behavior on my Debian
clients. This is new since the last couple of
weeks, before all was ok.

This is my problem:
'ypbind' (NIS) is not started at startup.
A NIS line in the bootseguence comes up but
'ypbind' is left out.
If I log in as root on the client and run
'/etc/init.d/nis start' it all starts up fine.
I have checked all symlinks under /etc/rcX.d/
and they are all ok and unchanged.

Server and clients are running sarge (k7) and are
all up to date.

What has changed in my environemnt? Any ideas?

Yours, Emil.