(solved) Re: Could you give an example iptables script? (Help... I want to learn this stuff)

mickey@dreamwolf.us wrote:
Quoting Joris Huizer <jorishuizer@planet.nl>:

BTW, if something weird happens, how can I shut it down again? (you never know...)

iptables -F
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -F

ought to do it.  This won't clear out user-defined changes, but without any
rules to jump into them, it won't matter (if your primary objective is just to
get up and running).

mickey

Thanks mickey :-)

I just put the iptables script in place after making a backup of the older "script", and internet functions normally (also after a reboot) at least as far as I can tell

Thanks for all the help,

Happy New Year,

Joris