Re: XP-LINUX Dual Boot

And thus we see that Abhay Watwe said, :
<snip>
So I did use the right partition in the command.  I still get the same
error.
<snip>

You said that you got a bunch on 0s and 7s filling up the screen. Could you look and see which letters it prints at the start (LIL or only L or a whole bunch of LIs)? This will be helpful to see which problems it might indicate.

I did find this useful bit of information regarding the error code 0x07:

========from /usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz========
Disk error codes
- - - - - - - - -
[snip other error codes]
0x07   "Invalid initialization". The BIOS failed to properly initialize
    the disk controller. You should control the BIOS setup parameters. A
    warm boot might help too.
[snip rest of document]

I'm not sure what this means in regards to your setup. I hope that someone else on the list knows and replies.

Also, I would recommend using LILO or grub to boot up the Windows NT/XP loader. Although I have used your method of Nt/XP loader sometime ago; I have switched to lilo and I think it might save you some trouble (as David Maze suggested). You can still try the XP boot loader a few more times and see if it works for you though.

HTH,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop