Re: Web server Partitions - swap

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 00:55, Alvin Oga wrote:
> in the old days ....  memory was say 4K total ...

Yeah, I was just wondering because on my laptop, complete with KDE
desktop and tons of programs running and all, 512MB RAM and something
like 270MB of swap, my swap is 99% free. I'm not suggesting to get
rid of all swap, I was just thinking that a gig of swap would be
kinda wasteful for me.

I can't really say anything about servers under heavy load, of
course...