Re: web page -> ps problems

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 04:51:07PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Ross Boylan wrote:
> >I saved a web page as html with Mozilla 1.5, and then printed it to a
> >postscript file.
>
> Can you print anything to file with Mozilla 1.5 and look at it with gv?
>
> Hugo.

Good question.  I tried another site (apt-get.org) with the same
results, so it seems to be a general problem.  I printed the same site
with Konqueror and it previewed fine (KDE 2.2.2).

It's probably worth noting my setup is a bit unusual as I have put the
unstable mozilla into a mostly testing system.

> I use xprt-xprintorg 0.0.8.cvs20030508-6.  Somewhere
> >along the way something went wrong; when I faxed it (hylafax) the
> >recipient only got the upper left corner, very enlarged.
> >
> >gv reports "Error: PostScript interpreter failed in main window."
> >
> >gs dumped me into an interpreter
> >
> >display (from ImageMagick) shows a very large image of the upper right
> >corner.

[snip]