From: H. S. [mailto:greatexcalibur@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 9:03 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: eject won't work any more

Joan Tur wrote:

Es Diumenge 14 Desembre 2003 22:21, en H. S. va escriure:

Given the above ownership of scd0, the user should also belong to the
"cdrecording" group. So either try adding this group to the user's
groups, or try changing the ownership of the scd0 group to "cdrom"
(instead of "cdrecording").

Er... user also belongs to cdrecording group   O8-)

Now what?  8-?

Thanks...

Okay, let us give it another shot. Since I am also not sure where the problem is, let us do it systematically:
1) What is the line in your /etc/fstab that deals with cdrom?
2) What is "ls -l /dev/cdrom"?
3) What is "ls -l /dev/<cdrom linked to this device>" ?
4) What is "groups <username>"?
5) Do you have only one cdrom? Not sure if this will help, but still.

->HS