Re: Why should non-root users have a password?

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 at 21:36 GMT, Paul Morgan penned:
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:07:19 -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 13:59, Oliver Elphick wrote: --snip--
>>> A user password could also be a protection against nosy
>>> girlfriends...
>>
>> At least until she says "Why won't you tell me your password, don't
>> you trust me?" in which case it's about as easy to answer 'correctly'
>> as "Does this make me look fat?". :)
>
> Answer: "I trust you so much that, instead of giving you my password,
> I'll give you your *very own* login, my sweetheart."

Agreed!

My sweetheart and I each run our own servers, and while we each have
accounts on the other's machine, we sure don't share passwords.

At one point, we discussed consolidating to one server, but I just
wasn't willing to live in a world where I didn't have absolute control
... and he tends to unnecessarily build things from source, making
package maintenance annoying.
--
monique