Re: [OT] voting (was: Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications))

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 06:17:12AM -0500, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> On Sunday 07 December 2003 05:23 am, Tom wrote:
>

> > Have you ever seen a dog play with a mouse by torturing it?
>
> Animals don't have a concept of torture.

I don't much care what you want to call it -- point is they do it.
Killer whales will also play with and torture seals before they eat
them.

But the point wasn't to say that Animals == Man or "gee ain't animals
gruesome", the point was to say that rocks = 0.0; man = 1.0; and animals
are somewhere in the middle.  It's an attenuated form of what we do.