Re: FHS and other things Mark should have read with comprehension (was Re: unchecked 31 times)

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> [2003:12:03:06:15:29-0800] scribed:
<snip />

> See, variously, the FHS, and my own partitioning guidelines:
>
>     http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/NixPartitioning
<snip />

Since Debian places logfiles under /var/log, I always create a separate
/var/log partition.  If logfiles ever spew out of control, my systems
continue to function . . .

Is there some reason *not* to protect the rest of /var?

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource