Re: passwordless ssh-login

Niko Efthymiou wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
> > Are you running Debian X environment?
> > If you are they have already setup an ssh-agent for your login.
>
> strange on my mashine (Debian/unstable) ssh-agent it isen't setup :/
> ssh-add just says: "Could not open a connection to your authentication
> agent."
> The ssh-agent binary exists, though...

Check /etc/X11/Xsession.options and make sure that use-ssh-agent is
present in the file.  That is the default but perhaps you have a
configuration file from way, way back without that and have been
answering N when doing upgrades?

Check /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xfree86-common_ssh-agent and trace what it
is doing.  You should see that it is setting up the X startup to use
ssh-agent if it can and you have not already done it.

Bob