Re: compromised servers

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:15:08AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
| on Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 05:20:43PM -0800, Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca) wrote:
| > On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:00:26AM -0600, red wrote:
| > > Does anyone know anything else about the Compromise of the security
| > > servers?
| >
| > Again...subscribe to debian-announce@lists.debian.org and you would
| > have heard about it before they took murphy down.  Check the archives.
|
| Not necessarially.  With a subscribership of over 27k, not all
| messages got out of queue before murphy was downed.

Yeah, if you sign up with an address who's servers have
low-availability then you wouldn't have received it.  (can you say
"hotmail"?)  If your server is up and accepting connections, then you
(probably) received the message.  (I received it, and my server is an
aging personal system on a cable modem)

BTW, gmane's gateway also received the announcement before murphy went
down.

-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,