Re: xterm title bars

* Marc Wilson (msw@cox.net) [031128 14:06]:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 02:20:43PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > > You can do it if you're willing to switch to zsh as your shell, though,
> > > because it has PRECOMMAND (or whatever zsh calls it).
> > >
> > eerrrr...  I don't think Im ready for that.  Maybe soon!
>
> <shrug> It's still a Bourne-like shell, after all.  Many people find zsh to
> be more convenient for them than bash.  Just ask a zsh user about filename
> completion sometime as compared to the hoops you have to jump through in
> bash. :)

I'm actually a b-a-bash (born-again bourne-again-shell) user after
spending a few years with zsh.  I originally switched to zsh for the
completions (not just filename completion, mind you), but recently found
that bash has pretty much caught up with its programmable completion.
That and I guess I still know bash better and find that zsh surprised me
more often, which is not what I need from my shell.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/