Re: evolution usability (somewhat OT)

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 06:12, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 03:22, Erik Steffl wrote:

> > > CTRL-E will expunge. It is also under the Actions menu.
> >
> >   I meant for the delete action to move the messages to trash folder.
> > when I hit ctrl-e the messages are gone (didn't find them in trash
> > folder)
> When you have the "Hide Deleted Messages" checked, they go into trash...
> but they are really still in the folder they were in, just marked as
> deleted. Hidden from view in the normal folder, Trash is a subjective
> term, really is a folder that shows all deleted messages from all
> folders (if you use IMAP it is per host).

  yes, that seems to be working, thanks,

> > > Under the View Menu: Hide Deleted Messages
> >
> >   aha! and I thought I went through menu and preferences:-)

> > > Um... look at setting up a virtual Folder (VFolders)
> >
> >   not sure how that could do what I want but I'll try it.
>
> I have a VFolder that has this rule:
>
> If ((Status) is not (Read) in the VFolders Sources (specific folders
> only) include them). I could have said (with all local and active remote
> folders) that would check everything.

  just tried it, but don't like it. yes I see all the unread messages
but I don't see context (the rest of the thread) and it's all mixed in
one folder (which doesn't make sense - the folders are set up so that I
can easier manage the emails).

  so I guess there's no way to go to the next unread message in
different folder... somewhat unconvenient

	erik