Re: Courier-pop -ERR Maildir: No such file or directory

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:59:42PM -0500, Bruce Griffis said
> I decided to install courier-pop, courier-pop-ssl for POP access to my mail
> server. Postfix is doing fine now (and am able to e-mail using mutt). Had a
> question on the courier-pop installation. When I test access to my box using
> "telnet 192.168.1.25 110" I am able to use userid/password, but get the following
> errors:
> bruce-lists@manygriffi:~$ telnet localhost 110
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> +OK Hello there.
> user bruce
> +OK Password required.
> pass (xxxxxxx)
> -ERR Maildir: No such file or directory
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> I know it has to be a goofy error as postfix is sending and receiving fine, and
> mutt can read and reply. Where do I look?

Courier looks for user "bruce"'s mail in /home/bruce/Maildir/ by
default.  If you're putting your mail somewhere else, you'll need to
edit your auth*rc file in /etc/courier/ to tell Courier about it.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:   NASA Craig Livingstone import quarter wire transfer freedom