Re: Partitioning

Hello

Chema (<chema.news.gmane@zarco.cjb.net>) wrote:

> But there is also another view that I have not seen mentioned: in
> serious servers, you can also "freeze" the most static parts of your
> system, namely /bin, /sbin and /usr.  This means mounting them
> read-only.

That sounds like you want to put /bin and /sbin on it's own partition.
How exactly are you going to do that, if even the mount command itself
is in /bin? By keeping local copies in the /bin directory on the /
partition? Or do you mount / ro (which is also somehow problematic
because some files there are regularly written to, for example mtab)?

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen