Re: Tracking packages without having them installed

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:16:19AM -0800, Tom said
> After I do an apt-get upgrade on my desktop, I keep the DEBs I
> downloaded to use on other machines or when I start over.
>
> I find I must have everything I am interested keeping up-to-date on
> *any* machine must be installed on the desktop (an example is
> pcmcia-source and pcmcia-cs).
>
> Is there a way to make apt-get automatically downloaded newest versions
> of packages not installed?

No.  But have you looked at apt-proxy?  Point all your machines at it,
then it will only download each .deb once, and save it.  Every machine
after the first gets it at local network speed.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  South Africa bank overthorw ISEC lock picking clones embassy