Re: Backup Package names currently installed

on Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:26:46PM +1300, Jochen Daum (jochen.daum@cans.co.nz) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a debian woody machine which I installed via FTP.
>
> I would like to dump the names of all installed packages into a file,
> so that I can install them automatically with dpkg.
>
> I tried
>
> dpkg --get-selections
>
> but the file doesn't contain any package versions? Can I include that
> as well?

While you can, it doesn't do you much good.

APT installs the latest available version of a package (subject to your
preferred release and pinning options).

However, one possible hint:

    $ dpkg-awk Package:.*libk[l-r].* Status:' installed'  -- Package Version

Peace.

  The revolution will not be televised.
  You can apt-get it from the usual mirrors, however.     http://www.debian.org/