Re: POP3 mail fetcher that supports unreliable connections?

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 15:52, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2003-11-03 05:38:44 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Have you tried fetchmail?
>
> It is easy to lose mail with fetchmail (and I did lose mail in the past
> with it).

Really?  Do you know how?

> > The messages in /var/log/mail.log seem to indicate that it deletes
> > each mail after a successful fetch.
>
> How does it do that? I've been told that it was not possible with POP3
> (unless by closing the connection after each mail, but that would be
> very inefficient and not acceptable).

RETR 1
DELE 1
RETR 2
DELE 2
RETR 3
DELE 3
etc

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." or
something like that
Ben Franklin, maybe