'restore' not restoring timestamps

Hello,

I do my backups with good old dump & restore on my
Debian GNU/linux server. I did check some "full
restore" when the backup system was installed,
and the backups are OK - at least I can list
the files on randomly selected tapes from past weeks.

I just needed to do a very partial restore
on a filesystem (I hate users :-), and it
worked - or at least I got the files, directories
and proper permissions. But no timestamps.
Somehow, every restored files and directories
is listed as 'Jan  1  1970'. I know some files
are more recent than that :-) It's not a problem
for those particular files, but it bothers me.

All dumps are done on DLT7000, plus some filesystems
on DDS2. All are done with 'dump -0u'. Filesystems
are all ext3, kernel 2.4.20 (custom compile).
Underlying disks are RAID5 arrays.

Does anyone has any idea why I don't get my
timestamps back ?

--
Romain Dolbeau