Re: kernel-2.6.0-test9 compile issue

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:17:04 -0600
David Meiser <dmeiser@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hello, I am running a system where my main hdd is an external SCSI HDD
> on an Adaptec AIC7881-U. In the 2.4.xx series kernel, I haven't had any
> problems compiling, installing, or booting this hard drive. Recently, I
> decided to give the 2.6.0-test series a try, so I downloaded the source
> (via apt, of course), and tried to compile the kernel with these

I don't have any SCSI HDD, but maybe your SCSI driver isn't ready yet in
2.6?. In post-halloween-2.6.txt
(http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt) you can find
these lines:

(Updated as of 2.6.0test9)

SCSI.
~~~~~
- Various SCSI drivers still need work, and don't even compile.

By the way, anyone using 2.6.0-testX on VIA686[AB] chipset? I have some
troubles with IDE preformance.

Karol
--
|       Karol Czachorowski <narel(at)fantastyka.net>	|
|       JID: narel(at)jabber.org           GG: 2786028	|