Re: Partitioning

Hello

wsa (<wsa3@xs4all.nl>) wrote:

> Alvin Oga wrote:
>
>> /boot is NOT needed ...     - /boot was needed in the old days to
>> guarantee that the
>>     boot kernel was occupying the 1st 1024 cylinders
>>
> So where do the kernels go when you don't have a /boot partition?
> I'm now using a seperate /boot partition but it's full now.
> So is it possible to change this?

Unmount your /boot partition (maybe you have to stop klogd first),
remount it somewhere else, copy the files to the /boot dir on your root
partition, change your fstab and reinstall your boot loader. The
disadvantage is that if /boot is on the root partition, you can't have
/boot read-only.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--