Re: daemontools-installer

ahuisman <rintek@wuuk.sulawesi> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed daemon-tools a couple of times on the same
> machine without any problems.After a dselect update i upgraded
> to gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 (Debian)and installed daemomtools-installer,
> djbdns-installer again.This time when i do a build-daemontools i get
> the following output :

[snip]
> env - /bin/sh rts.tests 2>&1 | cat -v > rts

> At this point i only see a blinking cursor.
> After 10 minutes i interrupt:

Notice "rts" growing without bound.  It's not catastrophic since it
grows slowly and your disk has a few MB to spare.  And if you look
inside "rts" you'll see a bunch of stuff about GLIBC_2.0 errno not
being found.  Afaict DJB hasn't kept up with newer libc versions.
Fortunately, there is a patch.

Head over to david sill's site, life with qmail.
<URL:http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html>
You will want to get netqmail-1.04.  This contains patches for qmail,
daemontools and ucspi-tcp.  Apply the daemontools errno patch,
compile, enjoy.

Hope this helps.

> make[1]: *** Deleting file `rts'
> make[1]: *** [rts] Interrupt
> make: *** [build-stamp] Interrupt
>
> I didn`t experienced this before.
> Is the problem gcc-3.2.2 ?

I think it's libc but it may be gcc libraries.  I haven't chased much
further than the above.

--
Johan KULLSTAM