Re: Hyper Threading

You seem to have sent the same messages to the list multiple times.
Before re-sending a message, check the list archives on
http://lists.debian.org/ to see if it's a problem with your sending or
receiving of mail.

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:05:26PM +0100, Marco Cecconi said
> Hello, which woody kernel supports Hyper Threading? I've read somewhere
> that 2.4+ kernels support this feature but how? Is a SMP build
> sufficient?

Yes, thought 2.6 will do smarter things with it.  You also require APIC
and/or ACPI support, no doubt google has the details.

> How does linux support HT, dual processor style (like e.g.
> Win2000) or natively (like e.g. WinXP)?

What does "natively" mean in this context?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:   White Water Saddam Hussein Peking Albania enforcers FIPS140