Re: Do we really need to worry about viruses (was Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?)

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 11:14, ScruLoose wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 03:52:08AM -0400, kmark@pipeline.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Given that I live alone with a cat, I still lock my desktop when I walk
> > > away for any length of time, set xscreensaver to cut in (and lock)
> > > anyway, and require a password for 'sudo' on my personal account.
> > >
> > Hi Karsten,
> > you must have one smart cat to have to password protect your console! ;-)
>
> Well, a friend of mine once had a new kitten BSOD his Windows box by
> walking over the keyboard.
> Much laughter ensued, and I think he ended up naming the cat Hax0r in
> honour of the event.

Back in the Dark Times, when I was running NT4, my son was a baby.
I locked the computer and let him bash on the keyboard.  Of course,
he crashed it, and made the machine reboot.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

The difference between drunken sailors and Congressmen is that
drunken sailors spend their own money.