Re: Any users of mondoarchive on debian boxes?

Paul E Condon wrote:
I'm running debian stock kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4 . I get error abort when mondoarchive
attempts to create the .iso. Its error message says mkisofs is broken, which I sincerely doubt, but maybe some feature that I have never needed before, and is
required by mondo, is broken. Maybe.

I successfully used mondo-1.74.tgz and mindi-0.94_cvs_20030924.tgz from the mondoarchive site last week to backup and restore a rather bare-bones woody system _without_ LVM to ISO images. Make sure you have the following packages installed:

gawk afio bzip2 lzop mkisofs buffer cdrecord dosfstools

Also install reiserfsprogs if using ReiserFS. Installing hdparm may also get rid of a non-critical error message in mindi.

Cheers,
Tobias