Re: Dual Parallel Ports and a PLX 9052 chip

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:24:51AM -0400, Jody Grafals wrote:
> I just bought cheepy PCI dual Parallel Port card with a PLX 9052 chip
> for my home linux server so I can add a second printer and a Old school
> Connectix Web Cam but I can not get it working. I already have a Zip
> drive and a printer working with the onboard parallel port with kernel
> 2.5.69. The PLX 9052 chips is in all kinds of wired stuff so I have not
> had much luck on google looking for answers. Has anyone used this chip
> before to support parallel ports or can anyone point me in the right
> direction?
>
> I get nothing about the card in dmesg but I do get this output from lspci
> # lspci -vv
> 00:0f.0 Network controller: PLX Technology, Inc. PCI <-> IOBus Bridge
> (rev 02)
>        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
>        Region 0: Memory at e8002000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128]
>        Region 1: I/O ports at b000 [size=128]

Try telling the "lpt" layer that a printer port lives at 0xb000.
See if that just happens to magically work. (I'm too lazy to go and
read the manuals for you, but you should be able to figure it out
by yourself......)

Then, suppose that it works, you will have to guess where the second
one lives:
0xb004
0xb008
0xb010