Re: Tips for serial terminal & file transfer?

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 06:36:56 +0100
"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Waddyaknow (not much, you?).  PLIP works.  Sorta.
>
> I get some long periods of timeout, but currently have an ssh session
> into the box.  I don't know if this is going to be feasible...
>
> I've played a tad with plipconfig, upping nibble and trigger to 6000
> and 1000 (twice their defaults) on both sides of the link.  Frankly,
> I'm not sure if this helps or not.  Hrm.  Upped it again to
> 12000/2000. Definitely dicey.

It's been years since I used PLIP, but I seem to remember that the
default parallel port BIOS settings were not correct for me. I would
think that those settings would be "all-or-nothing," but it may be worth
checking into.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached