Re: [OT] Why does X need so much CPU power?

I'm not a gamer myself. Occasionally I might play a game of chess on the net,
and on an install the first things I get rid of are games. They just take up
too much space, because they simply aren't condusive to the direction I'm
heading in. BUT:-
The lad has a point. If it wasn't for gaming, graphics cards, processor
development, and a number of other computor applications would be stuck at a
stage not all that far advanced from the point of electricity invention
Gaming has been , if not the foremost innovating force, at least in the top
two.
Regards,

David.