Re: Duplicating installs across the network

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:07:43 +0200 (CEST)
Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> wrote:

> I know that there are a whole host of tools out there that for
> imagining/backup,
> but I have no experience with any of them.  Can anyone out there provide
> some pointers and insight?  What do you all use?  Does it work well?  I
> really hope that there is an easy way to this, as I do not want to have to
> reinstall 9 mahines from scratch.
>
> The machines are homogeneous, with the following hardware:

If you believe you'll need to do this regularly, I'd recommend Norton Ghost.
I recently made its acquaintance, and I'm really impressed.

It runs from a single floppy, and can make a self-booting image restore CD.
So to recover a workstation to its starting state, just insert the CD and
boot. Voila!

Kevin