Re: Keyboard detection failure during installation of debian unstable.

Paul Yeatman wrote:
It's been awhile since I've done a Debian install so I'm not sure what
you mean by "trying to detect the keyboard layout" but I'd certainly
give a generic keyboard choice, ie. 104 key keyboard, a try.

Paul

  --received from Harley Peters--

I am new to debian and have been trying to install the unstable version.
But everytime i try i get the following error when trying to detect the keyboard layout.

Segmentation fault kbd-chooser's postinst exited with the status 35584.

There is nothing special about my keyboard and i also tried another keyboard (both PS2) with the same results.

This doesn't happen with Woody but i would rather try the unstable Sid version.

Motherboard = MSI k7t266 pro2 (Via kt266a chipset)

Tried both a Microsoft and Acer keyboards.

Harley

I'm trying to install debian unstable from a cd ISO image.
When you boot from the cd and hit return at the boot prompt to start the installation the Debian Installer Main Menu comes up.

1. Choose language
2. Detect a keyboard and select layout
etc.

When i choose number 2 to detect the keyboard and select layout it just comes back with the seg fault message mention earlier. So i don't even get to the point of being able to choose any keyboards. The problem is since this test fails it won't let me go on to the next step of installing Debian.

Harley

(Sorry about sending the email directly to you Paul got a little trigger
happy with the clicker.)