Re: syntax highlighting in vim

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:40:06 -0400
Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 02:30:28PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >     Do you have progressive searches turned on?  BTW, could you turn off
> > reply-to since your from: and reply-to are the same?

> No and no. But thanks for the suggestion.

    What might be happening is that the top line has a string that crosses a
newline.  So VIM sees the closing quote as an opening quote.  Therefore the
rest of the code is in reverse.

    And you're using mutt.  Yes, you can turn it off.  You have no reason to
have it set in the first place since from: and reply-to: are identical.
However for people who's software checks for list headers and uses them for
replies your superfluous reply-to causes their software to reply to you
directly instead of the list.  Don't use reply-to unless you have a compelling
reason.