Re: [OT] Why does X need so much CPU power?

> Maybe the
> problem is KDE and not X - but I had similar trouble with Gnome, so it
> isn't just a KDE issue.

hmm.. both Gnome and KDE are... BIG
I mean they consume alot of resources
I don't know exactly why.. but on my Duron 800mhz with 512 Mb Ram
KDE was kinda bulky too...
so I installed and am still runnig Window Maker - it's a great and very
light for the CPU usage,
alike there are many such window managers, flux for instance...
just search the web, I'm sure you'll find more
and if well configured, they can be even easier to use than KDE
> I'm just curious and wonder if anyone has any thoughts.
these are my thoughts :]

--
with regards
Lukasz Hejnak