Re: an unfortunate dummy apologies

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 05:13:22PM +0000, zoe wrote:
> apologies for my post yesterday

Accepted.

> red hat, suse, mandrake, caldera, and half a dozen
> other distributions all crashed or became unworkable)

Sounds like a hardware problem in your computer.

> But then the desk bar/task bar stated to flicker and disappear under
> my user mode in KDE.  Root seemed ok, so did gnome. I repeatedly
> rebooted and restarted it feebly trying to get control.  At last I
> shifted it to the roof of the monitor and it seemed to stabilise.

Sounds like a hardware problem in your computer.....

Read http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ .

It sort of assumes you were trying to compile a kernel, and got
"signal 11" erorrs during that. I recommend that after reading the
FAQ, you start compiling kernels just to try to get the signal 11
errros. If you do, then you know for sure that you've got a hardware
problem on your hands.....

		Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **