Re: open office spell checking

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 19:04, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:50:41 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > This is interesting.  Spelling works for me, but I don't have any
> > myspell* installed :
>
> Does it really?
>
> With the same selection of spell* as you, I opened a new document and typed:
>
> Now is the tmie for all goood men to come to the aid of thier party.
>
> "thier" was automatically corrected to "their", but "tmie" and "goood" went
> unremarked.
>
> When I attempted to spell check, I got a message that I didn't have the
> packages to support spell checking. Installing "myspell-en-us" and trying
> again fiexd both mistakes. :)

When I typed that sentence in (not using myspell), it flagged "tmie"
and "goood" as misspelled, and auto-corrected "thier".

Does it matter that I use OOo 1.1?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"What's your genius, perfect 20 years too late Monday morning
quarterback answer to how the US should have responded to the
Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Oh wait, you're just talking
crap - you don't have a real answer, you're just regurgitating
crap from NPR."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=76597&cid=6839483