Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:30:24PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:32:08 +0200
> Anders Arnholm <anders@arnholm.nu> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 08:33:40AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 14:07, Pigeon wrote:
> > > set tabstop=4
> > So thats why all code form other Python programers look like shit and
> > dont line up, not that a tab is 8 spaces wide and will stay that way for
>     Nice try.  You trimmed "expandtab" from the quote.

Yes but why does you need it if you don't get bad files from other
programers using tabs for spaces wides as indention? I saw and knew what
expandtabs does, I don't have it my self most of the time, but in some
projects it's nice however in most enviroment all progamers know NOT to
change tabstop and then tabstop is always 8 wide in all files.

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969