Re: Command line printing

Hi
> You seem to be tackling many problems at once.
> First get the network printing to work, and then OOo.
> Also, from what you wrote below, I assume you use CUPS instead of Samba
> for network printing.
	Can you use cups to print from a win$ computer?

> > Oo seems to need a commandline input and
> > this is what I'm starting with and also where my confusion begins.
> > A few questions,
> > Which package is lp part of?
>
> If you are using CUPS, cupsys-bsd will give you the commandline
> printingcommands (so-called BSD-style) like lpr, lpq, lprm.
> 'lp' is the name of the default printer in unix-systems.
> So if you have cupsys-bsd installed and named your printer lp, regular
> programs (and OOo) should give you no problems.
	I was refering to the command lp, as in

	Wuler:/home/wayne# lp -d HP710 zzz
	lp: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

	but I get the same errors using lpr

	Wuler:/home/wayne# lpr -P HP710 zzz
	lpr: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

	and

	Wuler:/home/wayne# cupsdoprint -P HP710C zzz
	server-error-service-unavailable

	No errors are picked up in the cups error log with max debugging set.

> > [Errors when printing]
>
>  From the web-interface, can you print a test-page?

	Yep, works fine, also all printing through KDE programs (kprinter I think)

> Also it would help to know the details:
> 1. To which computer is the printer attached?

	Wuler (localhost)

> 2. On which computer is cups running?

	Wuler (localhost)

> 3. Why is Samba being used?

	Windows connectivity

> Good luck,
	Thanks :)

> Stefan
	I am in the lp group and lpadmin group and cupsd is running

Thanks
	Wayne