Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:01:48 -0500
Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote:
> I'm also very reluctant to learn Python because I'm very adamant
> in how I use whitespace. Though I will need to pick it up sooner later.
> As well as Ruby and probably PHP as well. You can never know too many
> languages after all. :)

    That was one of two points that really stuck in my craw about Python.  But
ya know what?  2+ years later and now I go back to Perl code or poke through C
code and I just find it nasty to paw through.  And writing either of those,
oy, don't even get me started.  It's definitely something to get used to and
the more used to doing things with block delimiters the more friction there is
to doing it any other way.  But I'd not go back and I wish other languages
would take the same path.