Re: [OT: Elfquest]

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:44:48PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
>
> >"treats" is what we give the dog :-).

...speaking of dogs and linguistic idiosyncrasies... in England
"Bad Boy" is what you say to a puppy that has fouled the carpet. In
America, Harley-Davidson think it's a cool name for a bike. Which
gives rise to interesting images concerning someone walking into a
bike dealer and asking for a Bad Boy and being handed a puppy which
then widdles on him...

> I live about 45 minutes from one of those "Sweetwater"-named towns
> mentioned by another poster. How it got that name with the gyp-y water
> in the area is beyond me. (One of the town's main industries is a gypsum
> plant -- go figure.)

Gypsum: calcium sulphate... you have really hard water which is good
for rearing pigeons?

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons