Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful (was Re: Look at

> From lance@lsimmons.net Wed Aug  6 14:54:32 2003
>

> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:10:03AM -0700, Alan Connor wrote:
> >
> > Spammers DO send false CRs, but they are EASY to spot.
>
> I suppose they are easy to spot _if_ you remember all the Subject
> headers and addresses to which you send mail.  Suppose I decided to send
> you a private reply about this very message.  Do I remember the Subject
> heading?  No.  Do I remember your email address?  No.  (For that matter,
> do I even remember your _name_?)

No offense intended, Lance, but you are just the sort of person that my
CR system is designed to filter out.

If you are going to fire off mails to me, intruding in my private space,
and can't even remember the subject of the mail or my name, then I don't
want you to have access to my mailbox.

Hopefully the CR response will be filtered out by your  system...

That sort of thing is what mailing lists, chat rooms, newsgroups and
bulletin boards are for.

> --
> Lance Simmons

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.