Re: web interface to submit bugs

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:44:19PM +0200, aradorlinux@yahoo.es wrote:
> El Sun, 3 Aug 2003 04:42:49 +0100 Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> escribi?:
> > No, this is vanishingly unlikely.
>
> Sure, i don't say i like bugzilla; but currently it allows doing some things
> the BTS can't do.

However, it would require an awful lot of customization to provide the
interfaces and facilities currently provided by debbugs. We've put a lot
of effort over the years into giving debbugs the features that Debian
needs, and while Bugzilla may have some features we lack it also lacks
some features we have. (To name but a few: good mail submission and
control interfaces designed for people who use mail a lot, like most
Debian developers; integration with other Debian systems like the
archive maintenance software; non-bizarre handling of merged bugs;
non-trivial experience of it on the existing BTS maintenance team. :-))

Upending the bug tracking system to install it and configure it
appropriately would be an insane amount of busy-work which is probably
better spent in improving the system we've got.

> Thanks for the job you're doing at the BTS!

You're welcome.

Cheers,