Re: Solved, Re: Hawking Fast Ethernet Cardbus 10/100 Woody

I wrote:
> >> # cardctl ident
> >>  Socket 1:
> >>   product info: "CardBus", "Fast Ethernet", "V1.0", ""
> >>   manfid: 0x13d1, 0xab02
> >>   function: 6 (network)

Works with 2.4.21 kernel drivers mii and tulip, but you
need the hotplug package to get it recognized.

Jesse Meyer wrote:
> >[I've got the same card,] FCC ID of "MQ4C2K5MX"
> > [...] under the 2.4 debian kernel,
>Did your card have the same FCC number?

Yes, same everything.  Several stores' Web sites seem to
think it's Hawking PN672TX.

See also http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2002/01/25/0012.html

>Also, what sort of laptop is it?

Believed to be Asustek, but imported/branded Chem USA,
model F7400.  About five years old, 333 MHz Pentium II,
Intel 440BX/ZX ACPI motherboard.
TI PCI1220 Cardbus slot controller/bridge.

Cameron