Re: installing a Debian system on a 2nd hdd while booted off the first

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 19:04, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I've described a chroot install at
>
>     http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/DebianChrootInstall
>
> This is now largely incorporated into the current Debian installation
> manual as "".
>
> Answering the proc issue in a reply on this thread, it's possible to
> have multiple /proc mounts on a single system.  From within the chroot:
>
>     mount -t proc proc /proc
>
> (or simply 'mount /proc' if you've set up your /etc/fstab already).
>
> I'm actually writing this from an ssh session on which I'm doing just
> this ;-)

HEY... My 3rd and 4th Chins. Karsten, Hanging well?

Yes, I've oft used that for installs of Woody on "newer and unsupported"
hardware. Only thing I do from there is Install a Sarge or Sid kernel. I
should really update and/or make a child of that for the procedure I
figured out using Knoppix and dpkg --install
--admindir=/sysimage/var/lib/dpkg --instdir=/sysimage "Woody base-debs"

Might help people out a lot. Otherwise EXCELLENT info there.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Your presence reminds one of a blind jackal, eternally dependent upon
misguided archbishops to provide instruction in bowling.