Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

> From explosive@att.net Sat Aug  2 09:52:03 2003
>

> --=.4Icb)PSAb3o(C_
>
> On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:00:14 +0200
> Alan Connor <alanconnor@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > I have just persuaded a large non-profit organization to install the
> > simple server-side software that will allow them to transparently deal
> > with people using C-R programs.
> >
> > It just scans for the X-CR: header and includes the string/password
> > there in any replies on the X-Subject: line. Childsplay.
>
> Then why can't the spammers use this?
>
> It seems to me, if you can automate C-R, then spammers can too. Or do you have to verify that your a 'legitimate organization' to some sort of certificate authority to get the software? That is the last thing anyone wants.

I am REALLY sick of ignorant (or disinformational ) posts like this one.

The argument to the X-CR header is a password. A unique password to the
transaction.

Please do your homework or get a brain, or acquire some ethics, whichever
of these applies.

Now. Anyone who wants to learn about CR mail programs can visit my site, or
mail me  or check out  Professor Timo Salmi's pages.

http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html

For those of you who don't like CR systems:

Write your congressperson....You are boring the stuffing out of me.

And no, you can't just fire off a mail to me whenever you feel like it.
That's what the list and newsgroups are for.

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.