Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:52:36PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> How dare you ***ASSUME*** that I am spamming you!  Who are you that I
> ought to feel compelled to jump through your hoops, simply to say -- in
> an email -- hello ?!?!

I'm very sorry you feel that way. I gather from the replies to my mails
that other people feel that same way. Please let me elaborate a tiny bit
on my viewpoint.

On occasion, people send me proprietary format attachments. I can get
all worked up about that but I only do that when people refuse to
understand that it is annoying to start up some slow interpreter to read
a few lines of text which might as well be included in the mail itself.
(I see a parallel, people might get all worked up about me not seeming
to understand that it is annoying to get a C-R, my apologies). However,
reading a mail message and hitting reply usually only one minute after I
sent my original mail doesn't seem to be a lot effort to me. I respect
other people's mechanisms of blocking spam unless it consumes much of my
time, which it doesn't.

What did people think about the debian mailing lists subscription
mechanism?

But I have to be realistic: other people might have received a large
amount of C-Rs in their daily mail exchange and might have reasons to be
annoyed. I have not, so don't really see the problem. That might be my
mistake. If so, my apologies.

David